Jul 6, 2022
Are you already familiar with Socially Responsible Investment principles? Kimberly Griego-Kiel believes that everyone has the power to make choices that have a positive impact on society, and helps people invest in mutual funds that align with their values. In this conversation, she discusses the different ways in which impact investing can be measured and how it is not always an issue with performance. She also discloses that there is a growing trend of sustainable impact investors and clarifies that impact investments are not only financially beneficial but also socially and environmentally responsible. Let's start where financial values and goals meet!
Kimberly is an Accredited Investment Fiduciary™ (AIF) who is committed to helping investors achieve financial success while simultaneously pursuing positive environmental, a social, and economic change consistent with their values. She brings a socially engaged, people-oriented perspective to her work in the investment world.
Kim launched her career in finance in 1998, working in the Santa Fe office of First Affirmative Financial Network, where she was mentored by strong leaders in the SRI field. In 2007, she founded Horizons Sustainable Financial Services. Now a leader in SRI herself, Kim mentors co-workers and employees who are equally committed to the values and goals of SRI.
[00:01 - 08:51] Opening Segment
• How Kimberly helps investors pursue positive environmental social and economic change consistent with their values
• An overview of impact investing
• Check out Deep Impact Investing
[08:52 - 17:01] 401k Investors Can Make a Difference
• Women and people of color are disproportionately affected by environmental issues
• How we can focus on the impact of our food and reduce the environmental impact
• 401k investors have a choice to invest in sustainable options, which can help reduce environmental impact
[17:02 - 24:55] Impact Investing: Is There a Simple Way to Do It?
• Is impact investing a good idea?
• Places where people can find information about impact investing
• How advisors can help someone with a 401k to understand their options and choose a fund that aligns with their values
[24:56 - 32:41] Sustainable Impact Investing Becomes Mainstream
• Kimberly introduces her upcoming ebook
• How Horizons work with clients to create diversified impact portfolios
• Why clients are increasingly interested in ESG and impact investing
[32:42 - 40:12] Make a Choice in What To Invest In
• Kimberly explains why Tesla is not working for some people
• Don't take what you don't want
• What Global Sojourns Giving Circle does
[40:13 - 40:00] Closing Segment
• The importance of positively impacting others through deep impact investing.
Want to connect with Kimberly? Vitis Horizons, and invest like you give a damn!
"We want to give people the power and empower us to make choices that are going to have a positive impact." - Felecia Froe
"Employees have to push their employers to add sustainable options to their 401k plan." - Kimberly Griego-Kiel
"When I present a troubling issue, I also provide a positive potential outcome or something we can do." - Kimberly Griego-Kiel
Let’s Connect! You can connect with our host Felecia Froe on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. Be sure to check out her website https://moneywithmission.com/ to discover investment strategies designed to make a difference!
If you would like to schedule a call with Felecia, go to https://calendly.com/feleciafroemd and she will be more than happy to talk with you!
LEAVE A REVIEW! Your ratings and reviews help get the podcast in front of new listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.